Saturday, June 4, 2011

Food Withdrawals

Oh man, I am officially having food withdrawals. I miss snacks...not the full feeling I get from them, but I miss the tastes of my favorite snacks. Do you struggle with that? I miss the taste of milky cream cheese and the sharp bite of chives spread on a buttery ritz cracker. I miss the nirvana that is the Ruben sandwich at Sacks on campus--did I ever tell you about this sandwich? It is warm pastrami on toasted marble rye and melty gooey swiss, thousand island dressing and, instead of stinky sauerkraut, they put CREAMY fresh coleslaw!! Nir. Van. A.

I love food. I don't want to be one of those people who "eat because they have to". I hate those people. How do you balance a love of taste/texture with a restricted caloric intake?

I'm doing better today, but I'm definitely cranky. It will be worth it when I come visit in July and I'm a few pounds lighter though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment